Wednesday 6 December 2006

Mexico

First stop, Cancún, Mexico......
Hello again.. I will arrive in Cancun, Mexico on the 13th of December via New York City. My friend Adam will be travelling with me and I know we will have an amazing experience doing this together. I don't have anything specific planned for my stay in Mexico and I only expect to begin my 'filanthropic' work to begin when I arrive in Guatemala a few days later. My plan in Cancun, for now, is to visit the town and go to Tulum (a Mayan port town with inscriptions dating as far back as 564 A.D.) Tulum, as you can see in the picture, faces the Caribbean Sea and was the port for the ancient city of Cobá a few miles inland. I am also very interested in visiting the Dzitnup Cenote, near the city of Valladolid, which is a type of freshwater-filled limestone sinkhole. The greatest part about this sinkhole is that you can actually swim in it! I don't really have extensive plans in Mexico since I am looking forward to arriving in Guatemala. Perhaps I'll also see a bit of the other archaeological sites throughout the coast of the Mayan Riviera. I have heard Playa del Carmen is spectacular and that in Xcaret you can swim with dolphins.

No comments: