Wednesday 13 December 2006

Cancún, México....

Isn´t it amazing when you view life with different eyes? I arrived in Cancún today at about 3P.M. local time without a scratch. The flight was about three and a half hours from JFK and I slept most of the time. The moment I landed, I smelled the air, felt the humidity, saw the trees and heard my language, a permanent smile was drawn on my face for the remainder of the afternoon. As I arrived into town (found a great deal on an amazing bus service for 35 pesos into the ´Central de Autobuses´which is about 2 blocks from my hostel), I walked to Chac Mool Hostel, checked in, turned on the air conditioner in the room, put my stuff in a locker, locked it, and ran downstairs for a beer. That first Corona in 82 degree weather and the delicious chicken I ordered were simply heaven. I then walked around the central ´Parque Las Palapas´across from where I´m staying and began taking pictures. Tomorrow I plan on visiting the ruins in Tulum and hopefully, if it doesn´t rain, swim during the morning amongst a backdrop of 1,000 year old Mayan ruins. Until then, wish me luck and with luck we will rendezvous mañana.
Mexico is just full of color!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nando,

Buen viaje! I hope you have a great trip! Also, what camera do you use? It takes fabulous photos?

-Abby